Explore, Join, Create!
Community Living and Participation Grants provide up to $10,000 for customised solutions that support people with disability to participate in family and community life.
People with disability can apply for equipment, resources, activities and projects connected to their particular social and recreational goals.
Community groups can apply for equipment, resources, training and activities that promote inclusion of people with disability.
If you have an idea for a Community Living and Participation Grant, we encourage you to contact us for expertise and advice to assist you develop your idea.
Who is eligible?
- People with permanent disability.
- Groups of people with permanent disability and community groups that support people with disabilities and/or their families.
Are there any other criteria?
There are some things that Community Living and Participation Grants cannot fund:
- Expenses considered to be part of an individual’s usual cost of living
- Improvements or alterations to private property
- Upgrades to public facilities
- Retrospective expenses
- Fundraising activities
- Projects that require re-current funding
- Expenses outside of Western Australia (except equipment purchase of items unavailable from a Western Australian supplier)
- Equipment where there is an existing source of funding through government, hospitals or other grant programs
For further information, please contact the Community Living and Participation Grants Project Manager on telephone 08 9208 9830 (Tuesday to Friday) or via firstname.lastname@example.org
The Community Living and Participation Grants are managed by National Disability Services (NDS) WA and supported by Lotterywest.